As authorised Tesla Powerwall installers Climatecare Electrical offers the Tesla Powerwall 2. An impressive energy storage solution with these great features.
- A huge 13.2kWh of usable storage each night
- My-Tesla phone app which lets you see and control your energy flows.
- It’s an attractive device that doesnt look out of place around your home.
- It offers seamless back-up power when the grid goes down. (in fact you wont even notice the changeover)
- It will even allow your solar system to power up during a grid outage to keep you going during a prolonged outage.
The PowerWall 2 is what’s known as “AC coupled” meaning it directly connects to your switchboard. It charges via surplus solar energy during the day and supplies power to your home at night.
The sonnenBatterie is not just a battery, it’s an intelligent storage system that automatically adjusts the energy usage in your household. In combination with solar panels the sonnenBatterie will enable you to supply yourself with clean energy – thus making you independent and protecting you from energy price hikes.
Possibly its most impressive feature is its long life. The sonnenBatterie has a minimum lifespan of 10,000 charging-cycles. That’s over 2 per day. This is ideal to take advantage of Time of use or demand tariffsSo you can rest assured that it will supply you with clean energy for many years to come.
The sonnenBatterie exclusively uses lithium iron phosphate batteries – the safest lithium battery technology available today.
For Offgrid and Hybrid use, we use and recommend Sonnenschein tubular gel VRLA batteries. These German made cells are designed for use with Solar and offer maintenance free service and high cyclic performance.
Super Capacitors are an emerging technology and is shaping up to be a game changer for energy storage. Testing shows that they aren’t bothered by many of the issues related to traditional battery storage, including
- Operating temperature. – Its service life seems unaffected by extreme ambient temperatures.
- Cycle life. – The Sirius module pictured here offers 1,000,000 cycles.
- Charge and Discharge rates. – It can accept a wide range of charge & discharge currents.
- Fast charging. It can charge in a fraction of the time of Lithium or Lead Acid.
Climatecare Electrical has an extensive evaluation process for new products so it will be a while before we see these hitting the market but keep an out for this product over the next 12 months.