Off Grid Systems
How does it work?
Off Grid, Stand-alone Solar Power System / Stand-alone PV System / PV Connect with Battery Pack, operates independent of the electricity grid and mainly used in remote areas where the utility grid is not available or if you would like to be independent of the utility grid.
- The solar power is generated by solar panels converting the sunlight into energy. The electricity is then fed into a bank of deep cycle batteries via a regulator or power controller, to be stored for use when required.
- The power can then be used directly from the batteries with DC appliances, or converted to mains 240 volt alternating current AC electricity by a stand alone inverter.
- The standalone inverter delivers 240 volt electricity, so normal household appliances such as washing machine, fridge, television etc can be used.
System sizes & costs
There are three factors you MUST consider. These are;
- Your budget – The size of the system is your choice
- The space for you Solar Panels to be connected
- Location for the storage of the Battery Packs.
Systems are measured in terms of the generating capacity (kW), battery size (voltage & amp-hour capacity) and Design Load (kWh / day/night).
What to consider
Contact us to discuss your options, recommended size of system. We will help you to understand the costing of the systems as this is based on:
- Types & power rating of electrical appliances (watts)
- How many hours per day they are used
- Your location – amount of solar energy available at your site
- The slope and location of the roof and recommended location of the system.